Saturday, February 4, 2012

Merry (belated) Christmas


It’s been over a month and a half since Christmas, but I thought I should finally get around to posting the Christmas card that Dom and I sent out this year. It features everyone’s favourite puppy Cocoa, Dom in his Habs hat sans logo (I couldn’t bear the thought that my Sens might think that I’ve betrayed them) and myself in what used to be my Harry Potter scarf until I decided to take out the red for the sake of the illustration…and a Christmas surprise! The hippo appeared in some work I did over the summer for some holiday designs based on the song “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas” so I thought he was a good addition to the card as he represents the past year.

This is the mess that was our crafternoon, preparing  the cards before they were sent out. I love stamps! We didn’t really have a plan in mind and my ink pads had dried up so we made a quick trip to Staples hoping to get some red and green ink pads but Staples decided to be very boring and only gave us the option of black. So we got crafty and picked up some colourful permanent markers which allowed us to multicolour the stamps to our hearts’ content! The chips were obviously a must – we had to start preparing our tummies for the onslaught of all that decadent holiday food.
I’ve been extremely busy lately with some very fun and veryvery top secret projects, but hopefully I can still make the time to post something new now and then.  Till then, merry (belated) Christmas and wishing you lots of laughs and love in the New Year.

No comments: