Monday, July 9, 2012

The newest book on my bookshelf



Little Fox and Little Star

I’m so excited to be able to share this with you! Last year I was asked to illustrate a children’s book as a wedding gift for friends, a truly lovely couple that just got married this June. The couple came up with a beautiful little story over a year ago, but nothing further was done with it. As a surprise to the groom and gift to them both, the bride’s sister and husband decided to write the story for them, with the bride’s help. The sisters quickly sketched their ideas for the book. Then they asked me to illustrate it and how could I not? It was such a cute, beautiful story and so much fun to illustrate. Dom even got to draw one of the pages! (And he did pretty well for his first time using Photoshop and a tablet). I like that it was a collaborative effort between the six of us. The book was printed as a photobook using Mixbook which is such a great idea for printing one-of-a-kind books that aren’t published. When it was presented and read at the reception, there were a few tears and many smiles and I felt so happy to be a part of it. But what I truly love about this special gift is that it is something that is so unique to them and it is a love story that they will be able to share with their children and grandchildren.
So here’s to Jessica and Payam,

 may your love shine like the brightest star.

No comments: